Day 6 The Big Apple


 Saturday night in NYC. I love my little state of RI but it sure is fun to visit the city. I love the sounds and all the constant  commotion of a city. Tim and I drove to Stanford to take the metro in to Grand Central. It’s always so exciting to enter the city through this station, you walk out into another world! We walked a bit (too much for Tim) from Time Square to China town and finally settled at our hotel. We only took a few minutes to change and head back out. We had a quick dinner & drinks then we were  off to our show. Buffalo Tom was playing at the Bowery Ballroom and this was a must see for Tim. Buffalo Tom is an alternative rock band that was super popular in the 90s, they don’t tour often so when they do, we need to be there. The concert was great! I squirreled Tim and I up to the front row so we were against the stage. They sang old and new songs and remain the only band I know that has a song named Rachel, clearly it’s my favorite! After the show  we walked back to our hotel taking in the city at night and loving every bit of it. As for my dress, let’s say fabulous!! Such a fun dress, love the combination of prints and how the dress flowed. Leave it to European designer, Bl^nk London, to design a dress perfect for the big Apple! Don’t overlook the shoes, these Jimmy Choos may not be what you think of when you think of city walking shoes, but for a few blocks they were perfect! The earring were just cheap fun earrings but the gold & garnet necklace is one of my favorite items. My grandmother bought it probably in the 50s and as I can’t imagine her ever wearing it, I love to think of her when I do. I will absolutely we’re this dress again and again, but I promise not to count it for my dress of the day again, so soak it up! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts