Where do you think you're going?

 

If I had a nickel for every time someone asked where I'd wear a certain dress or outfit I'd be a wealthy woman. Why can't we wear a fabulous outfit just because we want to! You might see me walking the isles of the grocery store looking slightly overdressed. I like to pretend that I'm on my way to a fabulous event and just need to run a few errands first. Somehow we feel the need to justify looking fabulous?! We also feel the need to justify keeping clothing we love if we haven't worn it in a timely fashion. I say BS if you love it, keep it! This I know goes against the popular trends of simplifying. I have old dresses and new and wear them with the same enthusiasm. I continue to shop for the perfect dress for the future unexpected event...if you buy it the party will follow! I find shopping to be a treasure hunt and don't care if I'm in the middle of Saks Fifth Avenue or the local thrift store! Thrift shopping happens to be my favorite hobby. I love finding a treasure that someone else paid top dollar for and giving it a new home. 

Starting tomorrow I will be wearing a dress a day and we'll see how long I can go without a repeat. I'll post a pic and a quick write up. Don't get your hopes up that the photos will be like the one shown here. This was a professional photo, I'm air brushed and 10 years younger in it! You'll be getting pics from my cell phone without filters (ok I might try to use a filter here and there). I'm starting on a random day because why not? Let's throw all the rules aside for a bit and just have some fun!

Comments

  1. Totally looking forward to this and living vicariously through your closet!! You know I don’t hesitate to borrow. You go sis in law!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe...thank you! I'll try to keep in mildly entertaining.

      Delete
  2. So excited to see all the dresses!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I just need to figure out what dress to start with!

      Delete
  3. Good luck with your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This will be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m so excited for this Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So great 💪🏻

    ReplyDelete
  7. So excited! #myfavdresscollector

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can’t wait to see what’s next!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You do you Rachel! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool idea! Looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So looking forward to seeing all your beautiful outfits ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm waiting for today's installment!! Bring it Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looking forward to seeing my favs of your extensive couture collection and all the many I haven’t seen you in yet!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts