Day 27 Contestant




Yesterday began with a four mile walk with one of my oldest and dearest friends. We love to walk whenever we can and both enjoy the early mornings. After the walk I got ready for the big car drawing, remember the lite 105 radio contest I was entered into? I arrived at Flood Ford in Narragansett with all the other qualifying contestants and we played reverse bingo to eliminate everyone except the winner. It was really pretty exciting, I ended up being in the final three before they called my number...so close! I was given two round trip tickets to Block Island as a consolation prize, not bad. The woman that won was there with her husband and two young children. I was happy to see her win, and really think the universe got that one right. I had my lucky dress on, a Lilly Pulitzer, blue with hot pink elephants. This dress belongs to a good friend of mine, but she lets me borrow it whenever I need to, she knows it's my lucky dress!  I wore pink earrings and a pink necklace and once again carried what seems like the largest straw bag in the world. You can't really see them but my shoes were fantastic. This photo is of me with morning radio show hosts, Heather & Matty. I listen to them every day so it was fun to put faces to the voices! Sorry to all you satellite radio fans, but I still love the real radio! After the contest I went to the beach with another old friend from Jr. High/High School. She had driven down for the day from Massachusetts to hang out with me. I posted a photo of us on Facebook, seen by another old friend, who immediately drove to the beach to meet up with us! We sat with my beach club friends and the mix of old and new friends was just perfect. Tim joined after his card games, he was the big winner of the beach clubs summer card league, a very big deal to card people. We all enjoyed an amazing sunset and the cool night air at the beach (cool being a possible understatement). You might think my lucky dress didn't pull through for me, but when you have a day with three of your oldest friends, a new A team beach club friend, an amazing husband and throw in a radio station prize, that is the luckiest a gal can be! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts