Day 28 Brunch



Hopefully you're not sick of my beach photos yet, since I can't help but post them. We had an amazing brunch at out beach club yesterday, signifying the end of the summer. I enjoyed the event but completely disagree with calling it the end of the summer. The fall equinox is on my sons Birthday, September 22nd, so let's all continue to enjoy the last few weeks of summer, wear white after Labor Day, grill, and swim in the ocean. I wore another Lilly Pulitzer dress, a beautiful floral halter. I chose a sweet pearl bracelet and big gold hoop earrings that had pink pom poms for a bit of fun. I tend to leave the necklace out whenever wearing a halter dress. I think the straps are enough and the bare neck gives you a chance to highlight awesome earrings. After brunch we sat on the beach with my in-laws and Tim and I enjoyed a Long Beach walk where I found a few more lucky rocks. We checked out all the beautiful houses along the beach and imagined owning one. Tims thoughts went right to hurricanes and natural disasters while I only envisioned the parties and cocktails on the deck. Later in the day Tim wasn't feeling well, he must have eaten something that didn't agree with him, so we came home. It was one of those "in sickness and in health" moments. I took advantage of the evening home to put away a mountain of clothing and tidy up my bedroom (much needed). My house overlooks the Saugatucket River and although its not the beach front ocean view house we dreamt of during the day, I wouldn't trade it. I treasure a sunset over the Saugatucket and a quiet night in my home sweet home. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts