Day 29 Labor Day



 
Labor Day at the beach! Ok, so it was a stormy, partly rainy day, but there were times when the weather was perfect. I didn't go down onto the sand but enjoyed the afternoon with friends inside the beach club. We ate, drank, and played card games all afternoon. I had cleaned my kitchen all morning, a good thing since the delivery men called at 10:00 and said they would arrive in 30 minutes with my new stove. Tim had ordered it a week ago and the estimated delivery was the end of October, so it certainly wasn't expected so soon. My kitchen might have been the messiest kitchen in the United States, thank goodness for an extra day off and a rainy morning. After finishing up all that housework it was nice to join friends at the club for some fun! I wore a beautiful cotton, white eyelet, maxi dress and paired it with fabulous white shoes. The only pop of color were the iridescent light blue stones in my necklace. I wish I could tell you what kind of stones or where I bought this fabulous necklace but I have no idea, it's at least twenty years old. It has pearls between the blue stones so my pearl earrings and pearl bracelet were perfect with it. I love my old school black cat "my girl" Quay sunglasses and was happy to need them at all with the sun only peeking out every now and then. Don't you wish we could have a three day weekend every week? That extra day is just enough time to squeeze in all your weekend fun while leaving you enough time for all your weekend chores! Thank you Labor Day and honor to the 19th century American labor movement. A day off to celebrate laborers by having the day off is fantastic and greatly appreciated. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts