Day 33 Traditions



 
Hopefully you all had a chance to see the beautiful Harvest Moon last night, it was incredible. After a long week it's nice to visit with friends and unwind under the stars. I wore another Lilly Pulitzer Charlene dress, this time in a navy blue & white stripe. I wore a pretty red and white striped bauble necklace by Kate Spade for a bit of color contrast. The gold lame sandals and clutch jazzed it up a bit. Today is the Mid-Autumn Moon Festival in Chinese Culture (and many Asian cultures), also known as Mooncake Festival. A friend brought me amazing Chinese treats so that I could celebrate her holiday. I was incredibly touched that she wanted to include me in her traditions and thrilled to learn more. Tonight, under the full moon, I'll feast on special homemade mooncakes and other traditional Chinese treats. I will be sure to light a lantern to help light my path to prosperity and good fortune....you might want to as well.  Thank goodness for Fridays, friends, full moons, mooncake festivals and of course, traditions. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts