Day 34 Grateful

 

I woke up this morning filled with gratitude. I had an amazing day at the beach followed by another fabulous night with friends. A large group of us had dinner together while we waited for the beautiful full moon to appear. The moon was so big, bright orange and omnipresent in the sky, I understand why the Chinese consider it a special holiday. I enjoyed the Chinese treats my friend had given me and loved being part of her traditional celebrations. A few nights ago I had enjoyed a night with friends and had explained the holiday traditions to them. While we were sitting around chatting I noticed one of my friends wearing a spectacular necklace. The necklace was polished stones of some sort connected by little gold clasps, it had so many beautiful colors and was just a perfect piece. I admired it and told her how beautiful it was and how fancy she looked. Yesterday, she came to the beach and presented me with a little box, said she wanted to give me something to help me celebrate my Chinese holiday. I'm sure you guessed, in the box was the beautiful necklace!! I immediately put it on and wore it all night. An item given with such thoughtfulness and love wraps you in love every time you wear it. I wore another white eyelet dress with my cool white Quay sunglasses  and my beautiful new necklace for perfect day/night at the beach. Waking up this morning on 9/11, our thoughts are naturally on the sadness and loss that engulfed our world. Thankful that I can also focus on kindness, love and friendship that can never be extinguished. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts