Day 35 Remembrance

 



Yankee Stadium on the 21st anniversary of the 9/11 attack was an amazing place to be. Driving into NYC you could feel the importance and impact of the horrific events. Sitting in a stadium filled with  thousands of Americans you could also feel the resilience and pride in our beautiful country. I'm a die hard  Red Sox fan, but had been given tickets to see a Yankees game so there I was. The light rain delayed the game by a couple hours, but the stadium music and fanfare kept everyone entertained. We were sheltered by an overhang so were able to stay dry, thank goodness.  I wore a plain blue cotton Lilly Pulitzer dress with a Stars and Stripes shawl to show my American pride. The 1st Ranger Battalion hat was in honor of my son, and how 9/11 changed the course of his life and mine. When the Star Spangled Banner filled the stadium, we were filled with remembrance, respect and brotherhood as Americans. The events on 9/11 were horrific acts of evil, but also showed American's love for each other and pride in our beautiful country.
 America, the land that I love. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts