Day 40 River Cruise

 

Day 40? Wow did that fly by. I now have 40 dresses neatly folded and put away so there will be no repeats. I really wanted to wear this beautiful Lilly Pulitzer dress before switching over to fall and yesterday was a great day for it. I went on a cruise down the Providence River, with Providence River Boat Company, learning the history of all the surrounding buildings and events that took place in Providence. I don't retain information well, but it was certainly fun to hear all about it and see our beautiful city from that angle. I'm always fascinated by the 1938 and 1944 hurricane water line markings. I can't imagine how frightening it must have been to be unaware of the incoming storm and have the water rising so fast. My biggest worry was being chilly, having woken up to a whopping 48 degrees. I  put on that sleeveless dress with all the optimism in the world and thankfully the weather came around for me. I had found this little dress at a thrift store. It was missing a few tassels so was marked down to $8.  I ordered blue tassels online for another $8, sewed them on, and the dress was perfect again. I happen to have a navy blue cape with tassels so it all came together beautifully. Navy Espadrilles were my smart choice for boating shoes and looked great with the dress. After a great trip up and down the river, lunch on the deck of the Hot Club, overlooking the river, was the perfect spot to eat and enjoy the river views a bit longer.  September days, although they start out cool, end up being some of the best days in RI, and almost tourist free. I'll be a bit sad to pack this dress away, but onto the next 40 and next new adventure. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts