Day 44 The Bowling Alley

 

This little brown Theory dress is not only soft, comfortable, fun to wear but was the perfect backdrop for a fabulous handbag. I’ve had this dress for years and it’s always been a go to dress for me. Theory clothing is so well made and the fabric is incredibly soft. The puff sleeves give a bit of fun to an otherwise simple dress design. With tan slides and a long gold necklace it was a fantastic outfit! I had Tim take this picture right before we stepped out for dinner. He’s getting a bit nervous that our new stove will grow cobwebs. To quench his fears we’ll plan on a home cooked meal soon, it just wasn’t in the cards for last night. We went to Camdens for dinner, a restaurant at our local bowling alley and a place where you can always count on good food, great service and lots of local friends. My grandfather and his friend built it back in the 50's and it was always his pride and joy. He sold his share of the business to his partner before he died in 1975, and his partners son still owns and runs it. I always feel connected to him and to my dad when I'm there and love to see how well it's run and cared for. Tim and I sat at the bar and had a delicious meal and listened to music someone chose from a jukebox, yup, those are still around! I loved wearing my brown dress all day and will be a bit sad it won't be in my repertoire of go to's this fall, but no repeats! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts