Day 80 Color me Beautiful

 

I may never have picked up this Donna Morgan dress if it wasn't for the bold colors. Purple is the color of royalty, power and ambition so while I wasn't feeling fantastic yesterday I figured I better at least radiate strength through my wardrobe. I believe we underestimate the power colors have on how we feel and are perceived. We choose colors within our homes so carefully but when it comes to clothing we limit ourselves. Remember the 1987 book, Color me beautiful that taught us about color and the importance of wearing the right shade of each color? Well they say everything comes back into style and that old book might be worth a read. I absolutely love to see retro styles make comebacks, although not a fan of the mullet or the baggy oversized shirts, I'll take your bellbottoms and clogs anytime! Style is a funny thing, I think we let ourselves get pigeonholed into wearing a certain look then don't wear anything outside that fashion style. I love mixing it up with everything from a hippie vibe to ultra preppy and everything in-between, why not? Shouldn't fashion be fun? I woke up today still not feeling great, thank goodness for a closet full of happiness, imagine what colors I'll pick today?

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts