Day 101 Decoys

 

Oh, so sharp in this long sleeved, navy blue, Calvin Klein dress with navy pumps. I've had this dress for ages and always feel so businesslike when I wear it. It's the style of dress that I could have in my closet for thirty years and will never go out of style. I love a classic dress and obviously love hanging on to them for years! Trying not to bore you with all my indoor photos I figured I'd let you take a gander at my awesome decoy collection. If you aren't familiar with antique decoys, then it's lost on you, if you are familiar,  then I bet you're green with envy. Both of my grandfathers were duck hunters and each had a collection of decoys, hand carved & painted, swivel necks with glass eyes. My dad was also a duck hunter and both collections were passed down to him then on to me!! I don't hunt but cherish the collection and proudly display it. Hopefully my kids will want to display it as proudly as I do someday.  The other items of interest in the background are my beautiful oil paintings of my original six chickens. The first three had there portraits done together and the next three individual portraits, amazing! Local artists have such incredible talent and are always happy to work on great projects for you. I'm sure no one that saw me in my proper navy dress would imagine I had such a cool collection or art work!! What I don't want is a collection of roosters and sounds like I don't have one more but two!! Yikes, do they need to go!! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts