Day 102 Girls Night

 

This dress has been hanging in my closet with the tags on for about two years until it finally came out for a fun girls night. Not sure why I haven't worn this dress, oh wait, yes I do... the high neck feels like you're being choked and the sleeves are just a tad too long for me. I felt lost in the large print even after adding a belt to define the fact I was in there somewhere. Clearly wasn't a favorite but funny enough, as my friends arrived, one of them said how much she loved it! She's tall blonde and beautiful and will look amazing in it, so I've put it aside to give to her. It is a beautiful dress, just not for me although when I bought it I must have thought I could pull it off. My friends and I enjoyed a fun night with delicious snacks and fun stories. I know I brag about how great my friends are, but they really are!! I invited a bunch of amazing women that didn't know each other but really needed to. I was called a "connector" and think that's perfect. I love to introduce people to each other, people I know will connect and become friends. I have friends who are neighbors with other friends of mine, so only makes sense they should meet. Remember the German exchange students I met on Block Island, well they joined us and I was thrilled to show them an American home and friends gathering. It might be fun to host a monthly girls night... with Christmas right around the corner, my house will be so cheery it would be a shame not to invite lots of people over.  I tried a few new recipes, mini cheeseburger sliders and mini baked potatoes. I really want to know why I haven't thought to make mini baked potatoes before?? Tiny potatoes with a dollop of sour cream then sprinkled with chives...delicious!! I'll be making them again for sure, another reason to have more parties!  My last guests left just around midnight, a great sign they had as much fun as I did. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts