Day 108 Thanksgiving Eve

 

Thanksgiving Eve is always a festive and fun night. It is also an anniversary of sorts for Tim and I. When you grow up and stay in a small town the night becomes a mini reunion. Everyone tends to meet up at a popular bar and anyone returning home for the holiday has an opportunity to get together with old friends. It's a nice tradition, one that I don't always attend, however thirteen years ago I went and saw Tim for the first time in over thirty years. I didn't know who he was, nonetheless knew I should know him since I was surrounded by former schoolmates. He and I spoke briefly and a few months later we got together and started dating. Oddly enough that may be the last of those gathering we've attended. For roughly ten years we've been going to my friends house on of the eve of the holiday, becoming our new tradition. My friend always invites a fun group and puts out a large spread of amazing food. It's a casual gathering so I wore black patent leather go go boots with a fabulous black dress with white polka dots. If this outfit could talk it would say fun! I often say how much shoes can make or break an outfit, they can also change the vibe completely and these sure did.  Black or red pumps were the obvious choice so going with short boots was perfect...who wants to wear the obvious choice anyway?  I'm loving the contrast of casual boots with a fancy dress for a party vibe. I'll have to dig out a few more fun boots I have pushed to the back of my closet. The only thing I may have missed with this outfit was a pop of color.. I'll throw more color in next time! As we roll into Thanksgiving I am eternally thankful for my family, friends and for the love I continue to be surrounded by. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts