Day 109 Thanksgiving Bowling



 
Thanksgiving feast was a success. The food was amazing, if I do say so myself, although the kids liked the white store bought buns with lots of butter the best. We spent the day being entertained by our youngest grandchildren who came to stay for the long weekend, yay!  My daughter and her family stopped by for a bit so at one point we had all four grandkids together, just realizing now I should have gotten a photo of the four of them!! I know I've said before how great it is to be a grandparent, but I'll say it again, it's the best! Our youngest grandson is named after Tim and he is a ball of curiosity and energy. Not quite two years old he is a little man on a mission for trouble, why not, he has an older brother to worry about following the rules. I saved this fabulous squirrel print dress for Thanksgiving day and it was perfect! A corduroy, squirrel print, Boden dress with 3/4 sleeves and pockets, yes please. I found it at a thrift shop months ago and happily paid the $5 for it, what a deal. After our enormous meal we bundled up for a walk to the Bowling Alley. It was just after 5pm but dark as midnight and we all agreed a walk in the dark is the best. Some houses were already decorated for Christmas so we had a chance to admire the lights and holiday decorations. Our little grandsons had never been bowling and were wide eyed with amazement as we walked in to see the arcade games, laser lights and rows and rows of bowling lanes. We bowled for a couple hours, the kids vacillating between bowling and running amuck amidst the arcade games and along the long open space behind us. It felt good to move around after such a big meal nonetheless, after walking home my stepdaughter had room to eat another entire plate of food. The little ones went right to bed, exhausted from the days excitement, I was right behind them. As I climbed into bed I was filled with a feeling of  contentment, happiness and gratitude, thankful for all life's blessings. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts