Day 110 Black Friday


 Black Friday may be the biggest shopping day of the year, yet here I was home all day surrounded by grandchildren. Toys scattered on the floor of each room and toddler energy charging through the house, happiness. I hardly had a minute to choose a dress for the day and finally opted for a dress I had no interest in wearing again, not even sure of why I still have it!! This little black, Banana Republic, number was great in its day, but that day has long since past. I'm shocked I could still zip it up since I've had it for years and bought it at least twenty pounds ago. Funny to see the tag read size O, sizing being just one of the many lies retailers tell us. I swear they mark the clothing sizes smaller to try and trick us into believing we are slimmer, smaller and clearly several sizes less than what is reality. After all, aren't we suppose to be twigs??  Well, I'm no size O and even when I bought it I was more of a size 4, but as women we know sizing can vary in accuracy, forcing us to try everything on before buying. I'll purchase a 34 /32 jean for Tim and walk away knowing they will fit him, crazy how simple it could be!! However, after all the food and drinks over the past few days I'm sure his measurements are stretched!! We have indulged in great food, drinks and desserts and there's no end to the feasting in site. Our house has been busy with family and friends, full of late nights and noisy, fun card games, just the way I like it.  As much as I've been focused on keeping my house clean, I love a beautiful mess created by grandkids and company. Having so much fun with the kids, even the biggest shopping day of the year can't interest me in leaving home. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts