Day 88 Hip and Trendy in the 21st Century

 

Out to dinner again, finally. I picked my mother up for an early bird dinner at Camdens, I've talked about this restaurant at Old Mountain Lanes a time or two. It will always be one of my favorite go to spots for a great dinner and fun night out. You might be able to see a sliver of my geometric print wrap dress by Tiana B.  but not much more than that. It was a cute wrap with short sleeves and a hip print so looked great with tall leather boots. I might need to work out a bit more to gain the needed arm strength to zip my boots all winter, but that's another story. I really wanted to show off my new red coat by Elie Tahari , I picked it up at a thrift shop for about $4...wow! It's such a beautiful coat and certainly stands out, as all coats should.  The petite, Ann Taylor, bucket bag was also a thrift shop treasure.  I really think the bucket bag might be my favorite style of handbag. Who needs all those compartments and zippers anyway? Full thrifting confession,  the dress was also a whopping .99 cent find, along with the pearl necklace I paid $2 for and turned out to be real pearls!! Isn't Thrifting fantastic??  Not sure if it is being frugal or just being pulled into the 21st Century but I finally gave up my land line for exclusive use of my cell phone. It has been a long time coming and the cord has finally been cut. No one remembers phone numbers anymore so there's no chance of someone picking up a land line and dialing out. I'm sure we can all still remember the number we grew up with, 783-5739 was mine. Ok, so maybe not all of us remember, but us older folks do! I even remember when they added the 78 to all of our numbers, we couldn't believe they were making us dial more then 5 numbers! Of course with an old rotary phone dialing out was quite a precise task, one mess up and you had to totally start over. I'm sure we all miss the long cord we so cherished. it allowed you to walk several feet away from the phone, oh the freedom!! So here I am feeling hip and trendy with only a cell phone, eating at my bowling alley and thrifting away, isn't life grand? 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts