Day 90 Greatest Treasures

 

Tim and I attended a celebration of life for my friends sister in law that passed away. What a wonderful thing it is to celebrate someones life instead of their death. The private celebration was in the new Anchor Room at the Coast Guard House and the weather couldn't have been better for an oceanside celebration. The doors to the deck were open and the sounds of the crashing waves and ocean breeze beckoned us outside throughout the day. How nice it was to feel the sunshine and look out over the ocean while celebrating a beautiful life. My short sleeve navy blue Talbots dress was stunning with its square neckline and classic tailored form. Thankfully I had the perfect navy blue pumps, having the right shoes makes or breaks an outfit! I paired the classic dress with all pearl jewelry, earrings, necklace, bracelet and a fabulous pearl ring. My tiny pale pink bag fit about three things but was all I needed. We are so blessed to live by the ocean and I'm thankful I have never taken the ocean air or a walk on the beach for granted.  Our daytime plans transitioned into nighttime fun as we went to a friends house for a scheduled game night. Eight of us had an amazing dinner and played silly games until midnight. One thing about growing older, your games don't always age well with you and we found ourselves trying to answer trivia questions from the early 80's. Actually, the twist might have made the game more fun and we all agreed it would be great to play it with a younger generation, they wouldn't know half the references. One of the questions was, "what can you buy out of a vending machine"? If you didn't go right to, cigarettes, sandwiches, nuts you'd be on the wrong track. I will have to look through my games for a few gems and invite everyone over for round two. I'm eternally blessed to be surrounded by great friends and thankful that we celebrate each other shamelessly. I love my dresses but my family and friends will always be my greatest treasures. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts