Day 97 Friendsgiving at the Beach

 

What a perfect day for a Friendsgiving gathering at the beach club. Seventy degrees in mid November, thank you Mother Nature! It was so nice to sit on the deck and feel the sunshine and watch the incredibly high surf crash upon the shore. I wore a cute blue, Belongsci, floral shift dress with bell sleeves that worked well for the day. If you look on Amazon (or click the link) these dresses are under $40 and come in a variety of colors, it's a great dress, especially for the price. I struggled with what shoes to wear and opted for a pair of blue satin ankle-high boots. I was on the fence about the short boots/ dress combo and still am undecided if I like it. What was clear was the incredibly delicious food that was served. Everyone brought their favorite dish and enjoyed trying each others casseroles, appetizers and desserts, then swapping recipes.  I tried the best goat cheese, apple, cranberry appetizer and wanted the recipe only to learn it took about three hours to make, yikes! I was reminded how much I love corn pudding and should make it more often. It's a quick and easy recipe that goes well with Thanksgiving dinner. One of my favorite dishes was absent from yesterdays meal, homemade orange, cranberry sauce, I'll have to bring it next year instead of my squash casserole. Thanksgiving has never been my favorite holiday, it's usually sandwiched in between work days, and if you host the meal that's a work day in itself. Thankfully I have the day after the holiday off so am a bit more excited about cooking and enjoying the festivities this year. Tim and I are also looking forward to having our littlest grandsons with us this year, grandchildren make everything more fun!! All this talk of food is making me hungry....good thing I have another Friendsgiving to attend today, round two! 

Comments

  1. Great dress and boot combo - Love Thanksgiving celebrations ⭐️🍁🦃

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts