Day 99 Twelve

 


We enjoyed delicious Birthday cake in honor of  my oldest grandson's 12th Birthday. How the heck did that happen? I remember the day he was born as if it were last week. If you don't have grandchildren yet, I'll be as predictable as all grandmothers and say they are the greatest gift in life. I absolutely loved being a mom, had wanted to be one since I was a little girl playing with dolls. I always loved and  appreciated the time I had raising my children, AKA my favorite people. Well, having grandchildren is the cherry on top! It's not because you can send them back, as people like to say, it's because there's nothing but pure joy every time you see or think of them. You never have to be the heavy, it's not your role to impose rules, just love them and revel in their every word and action. Don't blink because they are grown up in about a minute!! Another reason to rejoice were my fantastic wide calf boots! I zipped them up with ease and had circulation in my legs all day!! I found these tan suede boots in the back of my closet and gave them a go, best decision I made all day. They brought me warmth, comfort, style and the extra wide leg was perfect for a large calf gal like me. The fur lining was an added bonus and kept me considerably warm and cozy all day. Having no idea what brand they were I  googled a photo and they came up at DSW  for only $69. If you need a wide calf boot, go for it! They are true to size, so no need to size up and they have several colors, I might need beige or grey? They looked great with my basic navy sweater dress and gave me a bit of height as I hugged my tall, twelve year old grandson! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts