Day 116 Maude

 

I remind myself of Bea Arthur in this long, collared, dress and sweater combo. More the Maude, Bea Arthur than the Golden Girls, Bea, but either way, I see the resemblance.  Tim would say, "I think that dress was made for a taller woman" in this case he would be right. The fun cheetah print saved the outfit in my eyes and since I was home for the entire evening it was for my eyes only.  It beat the jeans, sweater and heavy jacket I wore all morning while out on my hike in Newport.  I visited Fort Adams, walking the surrounding bay trail,  amazing! It was very windy along the coast but worth zipping up, pulling up my  hood and fighting the wind for the beautiful scenery. Visiting Newport in the fall and spring beats navigating the large crowds of tourists that flock to the area in the summer.  I can't blame people for wanting to vacation here, RI has some of the most beautiful scenery and historic landmarks in the US. I laugh when people talk about visiting places all over the world that haven't seen some of the most spectacular sites in their own backyards. I have a bucket list of things to do and  places to visit and as hard as I try to see it all, my list grows instead of shrinking. With RI being the smallest state I can only imagine the list I'd have if I lived in Texas!!! Hopefully Tim will be feeling better soon so we can get back out on our adventures. I am slightly concerned how content he is staying home all day in his pjs watching TV and scrolling through nonsense on the computer. Other than not feeling well it looks like he's living his best life, home by the fire with Bea Arthur taking care of him. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts