Day 117 Skunked

 

Warm for the winter, isn't that the goal, ugh. This long black, Adrienne Vittadini dress is so versatile it could be worn throughout the year with different accessories. Wearing it with black tights, fabulous Dansko boots and a sweater was my practical choice for a cold day. I opted for a fun orange Kate Spade necklace, needing a bit of color in the otherwise boring outfit. The cold weather dominates our fashion choices as well as our desire to leave the house. With Tim still not feeling well it was a quiet night at home.  My son and I played an amazing game of cribbage, probably the best game I've ever played as well as he's ever seen! If you beat someone before they reach a certain point on the board you "skunk" them, I skunked him! I had a hand of 24 followed by two 16 hands, all after a great start. Neither of us could believe the cards I was throwing down and we were both excited to see my last hand that won it for me. If you don't play cribbage, sorry for boring you, now go learn the game! For a cold night at home it's a fun game that can be played by two or three people, it's old school and requires a mix of luck and intelligence and only takes about a half an hour to play. Since it's pitch dark by 5:00, by the time 8:00 rolls around it feels like midnight and I'm ready for bed. As the nursery rhyme goes, "early to bed early to rise makes a man healthy wealthy and wise". I'm sure this rhyme was used by parents for years trying to convince their kids and themselves an early bedtime was the way to go. I recite it to myself at times as I crawl into bed before 8:00 and feel a wave of pride over my good choice. After all, if we want to party like rockstars all spring and summer a few months of hibernation can't hurt!! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts