Day 123 December Sunshine

 

Thank goodness for fun boots, otherwise this outfit would have fallen flat. I don't think I'll be keeping this wool sweater dress, it's a bit short and forced me, once again, to rely on tights for warmth. My fabulous black patent leather boots may not be the most practical but, wow are they beautiful. I spent most of the day in sneakers and jeans, out on a hike. The weather was spectacular, warm for December with steady sunshine. I hiked the Washington Secondary Rail Trail, in Cranston, sounds crazy to travel into the city for a hike, but you'd be amazed how much nature is hidden inside the city lines. Having already walked most of the Coventry section of the trail, it was fun to see the city end of the path. Walking through the metropolitan area by way of the bike path you're surrounded by beautiful woods, streams and small critters, if you overlook the garbage left along the way, it is a fabulous walk. I don't understand why anyone would leave trash along such an otherwise picturesque setting...or anywhere for that matter. A sunny day in the 50's in  early December is such a gift, I was thankful to be outside for a bit to enjoy it!  I came home to a beautiful bouquet of flowers and box of candy, treats a friend had dropped off for me. It was a treat to come home to such nice gifts and was incredibly thoughtful of her!! Not to be outdone, Tim declared he wanted to take me out to dinner, no need to twist my arm on that one! A date night with my husband is always the perfect end to a long day, even if my dress was a bit too short!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts