Day 128 Dishwasher Dreams

 

My new dishwasher was installed and I couldn't be happier!! Tim and I have been looking at dishwashers for months, knowing a replacement was inevitable but not sure which one to choose. We had planned on waiting until the new year before making the purchase, but when Tim realized he'd be helping with the dishes until we bought one, the replacement became imperative we speed up the timeline. The big debate was what brand/style to choose? Go with a cheaper model? The limited functions can equal less functions to break? Do we buy my dream dishwasher, a two drawer style that has all the bells and whistles but also more opportunity for malfunction?? As much as I tried to be reasonable, to convince myself the standard style would be fine, I just couldn't do it.  I'm living proof that dishwasher dreams can come true, and I am thrilled. Even waiting all day for the plumber to arrive for the installment was no inconvenience. My kids and I hung out and had lunch together then played boardgames while we waited.  I wore my fleece tights, again, this time with a cute burgundy sweater dress. My daughter was eyeballing my Dansko booties, wishing she wore the same size shoe... I have a feeling if she did I'd need a replacement for those too! When the plumber arrived, he must have thought we were a bunch of bums, all home during the day, mid week! Aside from the plumbers potential judgement, the afternoon was as perfect as my new dishwasher. Home sweet, clean dishes home. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts