Day 131 U-haul to Yuletide

 

What a whirlwind day of packing and loading up the U-Haul truck with my son. We filled that 10' box truck in no time and my house has been stretching out and enjoying the new found space! My boys gathered up their snacks and caffeinated beverages and set out on their 8 hour trip with smiles on their faces and visions of podcasts in their heads. I was off to a Christmas party at my beach club where I met up with friends. My best beach club friend and I were so nicely coordinated it looked like we had planned it. She's always so nicely put together and always up for a fun time, no wonder we became such fast friends. I had wanted to wear a pretty holiday dress but the rain, wind and cold temps were calling me in a  different direction, so once again, I went with a sweater dress!!  The party was super fun, and with so many people the room warmed up in no time, I could have worn a sleeveless dress and been comfortable. It was a Yankee Swap themed party and the biggest one I've ever participated in, so much fun. Instead of buying a gift to swap each person brought something from their home that they no longer wanted. Some of the gifts were funny but most were really nice so there was a lot of stealing, making it extra exciting. Each person had also put in $5 so envelopes were given and stayed with each gift item. Three of the envelopes had winning tickets inside, the rest said, "sorry, maybe next year". I opened my gift, a nice set of Moscow mule copper cups and traded them for a candle. Well wouldn't you know it, the envelope with the candle had the winning ticket in it...yay!! I won a nice chunk of cash along with my candle, sweet smell of victory! Everyone was in great spirits and the room was filled with laughter and cheer. It was the perfect ending to the day and just what I needed after seeing my sons off on their trip. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts