Day 138 Cocktails?

 

On the Eve of Christmas Eve I thought it would be nice to put on a pretty holiday dress. This beautiful, Jessica Simpson, green black lace jacquard pocket cocktail dress may not have made it out to a party, but was perfect for a quiet night at home. Tim had me open a large gift that has been next to my tree for weeks, he's always a very thoughtful and unique gift giver. He gave me a cocktail making machine, knowing how much I like to throw parties and how little I enjoy making drinks. The machine is crazy, it has cocktail pods that you place in like a k-cup machine and it reads a bar code and pulls whatever liquors needed for each specific cocktail! We each made ourselves a cocktail, I made a cosmopolitan he tried a Long Island iced tea. We sat by the fire and listened to the storm outside, feeling cozy, festive and like total hipsters with the coolest new gadget. The sensible side of me would be horrified at the cost of the machine and equally troubled by the expense of each cocktail pod. Thankfully I didn't allow that side of me to come out, she would have ruined an otherwise super cool gift and perfect evening. We looked through the catalog reading all about other fancy drinks we'll make, I'll be dusting off martini glasses and other nice glassware. We are looking forward to having a party and impressing our friends with extravagant cocktails. I love how thoughtful Tim is, making sure I'm the first gal in town to have all the coolest gadgets. I love that over the years I've learned to enjoy gifts and not allow common sense to ruin them, after all, Christmas only comes once a year! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts