Day 139 Christmas Eve

 

What a wonderful Christmas Eve filled with excitement and cheer. I'm so thankful my daughter and her family were able to spend the evening with Tim and I. Some years we have a house full, this year it will be just the two of us for Christmas Day, making Christmas Eve with grandkids extra special. My daughter wore sequin pants, no doubt to dazzle me, and she did! She looked fabulous, as always, she even put glitter on her cheeks, perfection!! I wore a long emerald green velvet dress, velvet is always appropriate for the holidays. I had picked up this dress during the summer at a thrift store and paid .99 cents for it, knowing it would be stunning at Christmas. I wore my new gold sequin boots, can't get enough of them and wore minimal jewelry to let the dress shine. My grandsons came dressed in sweatpants and hoodies, Tim and my son in law in jeans and I wouldn't change that for anything. One of my favorite things is seeing everyone dressed in what makes them happy, never apologize for being over or under dressed, just rock your vibe. We had a quick visit from my youngest son while on his break from work, hospitals don't stop on holidays. My other son FaceTimed for a bit and my step daughter was no doubt up to her eyeballs in Christmas cheer, awaiting Santa's arrival with our grandsons. Tim and I feel our blessings daily but during the holidays we take inventory of how lucky we are! We have four amazing children, the best two son in laws our daughters could hope for, the greatest four grandsons ever and each other, let's not forget that! Going to bed on Christmas Eve still sparks excitement however, I'm not sure there can be anything under that tree that compares to the gift of love and happiness life has already given me.  

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts