Day 141 Boxing Day

 

Still rocking the holiday vibe,  I wore a full length poinsettia dress to keep the season going. The day after Christmas, Boxing Day,  has always been one of my favorite holidays. I love the quiet stillness in the house and equally love the gifts, boxes and paper scattered on the floor. Tim and I didn't want to leave the warmth of home to venture out at all and turned down several offers that would have, in warmer conditions, had us on the move. When the weather is in the teens, there's really no place like home. We felt spoiled sitting by our fire enjoying a fancy cocktail from my new machine. Thankfully friends came by for a visit so we were able to show off our drink maker and have a bit of socializing without leaving home. Oh, how much we would love to be retired or independently wealthy and be able to stay home living the life of Riley. Since that's not the case we sensibly went to bed early, prepping for the workweek ahead, boo! Rolling into the last week of 2022, I love a look back and dream of the year ahead, time to make the most of the remaining days of this year. I'm not much for resolutions but love to give myself challenges... I'll work on a list this week. My first challenge will be to keep the holiday spirit going at least a little bit longer. I might even drag out another holiday dress or two! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts