Day 144 Moonshine On My Mind

 

A night out in Providence for dinner and live music, just what was needed to chase away the winter doldrums. Not sure if it was the warmer weather, temps reaching almost 50 degrees, or the intense sunshine, but everyone seemed to be out and about enjoying the day and evening. Tim and I read about providence, in our new, RI 39 club book, before heading out to dinner. He begrudgingly read the entire page, having grown up there he figured he knew everything! I was excited for an adventure out and to record our first town's dining location. We went to a new restaurant that is going for a Nashville vibe here in RI,  Moonshine Alley. A friend of ours, Dan Greeves, was playing there, he's a fantastic singer & guitar player and filled the room with great tunes. We indulged in delicious southern delights of hushpuppies and BBQ ribs until we were stuffed.  I wore a cute J. Jill print dress with suede boots and a fringe purse, fringe adds a bit of country to any outfit. My brown shawl was all that was needed since the weather was so mild. It was a perfect date night and great to see people are still out past 5pm! Tim and I have never been to Nashville together, I've heard it  described as Key West but for non retired folks, I must be old because I love Key West! Not sure Nashville is in our top ten vacations but we've put it on the list. We are thrilled to have a touch of Nashville right here in RI and will absolutely go back, great music, delicious food, fun atmosphere other than the struggles of city parking and the forty minute drive past the tower it was perfect. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts