Day 148 Bonus Day

 


A beautiful, Tahari dress perfect for a Christmas party, also appropriate for a quiet night at home playing fancy. I warned you I'm running out of casual wear! I also wanted to show off my fabulous, Kate Spade, ostrich feather purse. This little bag is perfection, as long as you don't plan on carrying anything more than a lipstick and maybe one tissue.  For a purse this beautiful I'm willing to pack light, worked out well for my night's travels from my living to dining room. Tim and I were home all day, doing chores and taking down Christmas decorations, he was more of moral support than an actual working helper. I cleaned and cleaned until my house was back together and ready for the new year.  I also worked outside, cleaning my chicken coop and raking leaves into their run. Every time I dumped a pile of leaves they would all rush right to it and immediately begin scratching through for bugs, such a treat!!  They have been laying four or five eggs each day, a big deal through the dark days of winter when they usually stop laying. I make sure to thank them daily as I collect my treasures, giving them extra treats as I praise them. It was so nice to have an extra day off, a three day weekend should be the norm, don't we all need a bonus day? I spent as much time outside as possible, soaking in the fresh air and vitamin D, appreciating my extra day off and happy it was so sunny and warm, in the 50's, winter warm.  Late afternoon, I put on my beautiful dress, after a day of chores and cleaning it was nice to get my fancy on, a far cry from my chicken coop cleaning garb! Tim doesn't even ask why or where I'm going anymore when he sees me all dressed up, just another day in the life... this time a bonus day in the life! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts