Day 160 No Sweat

 

Saturday morning chores kept me on the move. The same old laundry, dishes, vacuuming we all do but somehow needs to be done again in about a minute! Keeping the house clean sure isn't easy but I continue to give it my best effort. I was moving slowly after staying out way too late the night before, working at a snails pace. After making myself a couple cappuccinos I started to feel almost normal again, just in time to prep for company. I had invited friends over for a game night and dinner, the best kind of weekend fun. I made a delicious  Shepards Pie, love comfort food on a rainy night and casseroles are great for company. Any dinner you can pre-cook and have all your prep work cleaned up before guests arrive is great. I was still in my cotton LL Bean dress when my friend Melissa arrived but in a strange twist I changed into sweatpants and a sweatshirt before anyone else appeared. Not sure a few of my friends had ever seen me so casual or even knew I owned sweats, so we all had a good laugh. My friend brought a new game, Guesstures, that was so fun to play we may need a rematch soon! It's basically a fast paced charades with each person acting out four cards in less than a minute.  Super fun and not to brag (of course I'm bragging) my team crushed it. After gaming we sat next to the fire listening to fantastic old school music and chatting until almost midnight, thank goodness for cappuccino. I was so excited to have new photos for my door. Fortunately all my guests were good sports about having their pictures taken and displayed, what on earth will I do when someone says no?? Company, good music, games and great conversation make for the best nights at home and remind us that winter isn't so bad. We can all get caught up  striving for the perfect night, perfect dinner, perfect apps and looking fabulous, putting way too much pressure on ourselves, I'd guess this is what holds people back from entertaining. Fortunately I don't put those stresses on myself, if I've invited someone over and they've agreed, it's me they want to see, not perfection. I'll be planning more game nights and fun parties, not sure if I'll be in a dress, sweats or PJ's but I can guarantee fun will be had. 

Comments

  1. Fantastic night and you looked marvelous - sweats and all! on another note I made the blog! πŸΎπŸŽ‰

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts