Day 161Gathering at the Pub

 

I loved everything about this dress and it felt so nice to be wearing bright colors on a rainy day. Tim and I headed to a beachside pub to meet with a large group of family members where we had breakfast and rolled it into lunch. The gathering had been put together in honor of our nephew (mine by marriage) that passed away just after the new year. Sad occasions have a way of bringing people together and reminding us how quickly our lives can change. After hours reminiscing at the Pub in Matunuck several family members came back to our house for drinks, snacks and dinner, another late night for us. Tim's brothers were dazzled by our new cocktail machine and enjoyed trying a variety of fancy drinks. I better stock up on cocktail pods with it being such a hit! I was thrilled with my outfit choice and was comfortable all day. I wish I could buy this dress in a million patterns. Not seeing a brand label I google searched it and found it on Amazon for under $30 in a multitude of patterns....maybe I can have another one!  I bought mine at a thrift shop a couple weeks ago for a whopping $3.00, my best purchase of 2023!! Speaking of 2023, I have decided to have a New Years eve party, I know it's a bit far away but all the best parties take time. I have been taking photos of my guests with my fabulous new camera and will use my photo wall as the invitation list for my party...so fun! Tim says its crazy but I am sure he secretly loves the idea. I can only hope that everyone on my wall will be with us going into 2024, as we have seen too often, nothing is guaranteed. Cherish the people you love and those that make you smile. Life is about the people you surround yourself with and I'm thankful for each and every one of you! 

Comments

  1. ❤️😘T- sending you&Tim my condolences 😔

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts