Day 163 All Business

 

When you wake up and know the day will be all business you grab a smart jacket and roll with it. This beautiful purple Banana Republic dress with 3/4 sleeves would have looked fabulous on its own but adding a little stripped Loft jacket gave it the serious look I was going for. Like it or not people respond to appearances, they can't help it, so if you want to be taken serious, look the part. Even Tim noticed my no nonsense look and asked who I was planning on debating, lucky for him I changed into PJ's before cooking dinner and relaxed my vibe. I've been sorting through dresses and found a section waiting to be hemmed. Fortunately my mom is an amazing seamstress, otherwise I would need to have been  born quite a bit taller. I often wonder who designers have in mind when they create some of these  amazon length clothes? Is the average women really six feet tall?  Need for hemming aside, I love a maxi dress and look forward to busting a few of mine out soon. I tend to wear more maxi's during the summer, not sure why, this might need to change. As much as I enjoy the business look I like the fun carefree dress vibe much more. Thank goodness my trip to Florida is right around the corner, pretty dresses and sunshine...I'm ready! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts