Day 164 Leftover Quandary


 These days whenever I put on a dress I evaluate if it's in a keep or get rid of pile. This long sleeve, denim J Crew dress is a keeper! It is so soft and comfortable and can easily be worn any time of the year, making it as versatile as it is good looking. It was also perfect for a casual dinner date night with Tim. He had his mind set on eating Mexican food so we went to Cantina Del Rio, where we've had questionable service in the past but figured we'd give it another go. I'm happy to report the service was as great and the food was delicious! We sat at the bar and everyone that came to sit near us I knew, one of the many reasons I love a small town so much! When we were finished eating we came to the same quandary that hits every time we go out to eat, Tims aversion to asking for a take home box. As much as I try to convince him that the server cares zero percent if he wants to take his leftovers home, he seems convinced they will somehow be annoyed by the request. So each time we eat out, at the end of the meal when the server comes over to ask if there's anything else we need, I see Tims inevitable point in my direction and the servers turn to me for a response.  I have no problem asking for a box and usually ask for an extra one for scraps for my chickens. Once it's packed up I'm responsible for carrying the box out of the restaurant until outside. Clearly people might glance over to see what must be a beggar carrying out food leftovers. When we are safety outside and away from the perceived judgmental gazes, Tim will happily carry the food to the car, he's a rascal that Tim. He does have to put up with my teasing. At the end of each meal he asks if I'll be asking for the take home box and I always say nah.... I see the instant look of shock at the potential waste of food before I laugh at him...it gets him every time! Sounds silly but it's these little give and takes that make a couple work, as well as providing endless dining entertainment. He may be quirky but he's a keeper, just like my denim dress! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts