Day 165 Cheap Seats

 

Busy busy morning packing for my trip. Notice the large pocketbook on the floor, that was it for my luggage. I packed my laptop, I pad, work phone and personal cell phone and all the charging wires and earbuds or headphones for each device and a few snacks.  I scurried around getting the house in order so Tim could have minimal chores in my absence, he's spoiled. I flew Frontier Airlines for the first time, having purchased a crazy low price on a round trip fare. Tim said Frontier Airlines is known for unruly passengers and that I should watch out for any scuffles on the plane. Well I'm happy to report it was a pleasant flight, I sat between two really nice ladies and the three of us chatted the entire trip. Ok, one of the women was a bit loud and was told to sit down a couple times by the stewardess, but she was yelling to guys she met in the bar before boarding not starting a fight. I sat in the dreaded middle seat, but was too thrifty to purchase a seat so no complaints by me. The flight was on time, non stop and without incident....not bad for $30!! Yes, you read that right....$30 each way, well, actually one direction was $32 so the total cost of my trip was a whopping $62 round trip!! My expectations were low so I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived in Florida early. I had put on this pretty Loft shift dress with heals, but changed into jeans and a sweat shirt before traveling, embracing the economy travel vibe. The Florida air smells so fresh and the warmth hit me as soon as I stepped outside. My friend sent her driver to pick me up and bring me to her house, that's when the economy travel ended and my visit with her began. I arrived at her house in time for dinner and a wonderful evening full of conversation and laughter. We talk every day so it's amazing we still have endless stories to tell and catching up to do. We are both excited to have time together this week, don't think we will waste a minute of it! I may have arrived in my jeans but I'll get my fancy on while here, yay for bright colors and sunshine. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts