Day 167 Florida Life



 



Another busy day filled with shopping, sunbathing and amazing food. My friend Dawn gets a kick of out how much I enjoy the sunshine, throwing on my swimsuit and sitting outside every chance I get. I wish I could bottle the warmth to take home. My sunbathing was on hold while we shopped again, this time we checked out Marshalls and TJ Maxx and of course found a few treasures. I bought a fantastic pair of bright yellow sandals and a few nonsense items. We cruised around in Dawn's new ride and she showed me all it's bells and whistles. She had custom built her car online, choosing every detail in it right down to the stitching, who knew you could even do that?! Her new Bentley Mulliner is beautiful and fits her style perfectly, not that her old Bentley didn't...go figure. I immediately went back outside to soak in the sunshine when we got home, interrupted again by the time schedule of dinner plans. My beautiful cotton Lilly Pulitzer dress was perfect for daytime shopping and hanging out at home but didn't cut it for dinner at the Ben, so I  changed and got my fancy on for the night. The Ben is A beautiful hotel in downtown West Palm Beach with amazing restaurants and eateries. We had dinner at Proper Grit on the main level  and holy cow was it fantastic! We met up with four of Dawn and her husbands friends so the seven of us ate like kings and queens and chatted for hours, so fun. I'll be rolling off the plane right into a new diet when I get home!! Dawn and I sat outside until the wee hours of the night talking about everything under the sun...and moon. Tims been home caring for the chickens and household chores, although I'm sure he's not changing sheets or anything crazy. He was bundled up with all the cold rain, making my sunshine seem even brighter. I texted him a good night and went to bed determined to go for a long walk in the morning and burn off at least a few of the billion calories I've eaten over the past few days. I'm not sure I could handle this Florida life full-time.. however, it sure is fun for a few days. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts