Day 168 Worlds Apart

 

Happy to report I started my day with a much needed three mile walk. It felt so nice to see the sunrise over the palm trees while I walked off the laziness I've been indulging in. The weather couldn't have been better with temps in the low 80's, bright sunshine and light breeze. I sat by the pool and soaked in a bit of vitamin D before getting dressed for another outing. Dawn's Bentley dealership was hosting a brunch with an art show and it was everything you might imagine. We sipped Bellinis and Mimosas as we admired the paintings and sculptures of local artists while listening to live music. There were several food and drink stations, making omelets, crepes, cappuccino and a large buffet with just about any type of food you can imagine. People watching was at its best, outfits eye catching to say the least. I wore a white embroidered sundress with my gold sandals and Dawn looked amazing in her shorts and leather jacket. While all this was happening poor Tim was home dealing with a fox attack on my chickens. He heard the girls squawking and carrying on so went out into their coop to check on them. A few hens went out when he opened the door and unbeknownst to him there was a fox waiting and watching for this opportunity to snatch one of my girls.  The fox swiftly took Silvia, my Silver laced Wyandotte and carried her off. Tim gathered the girls all back into the coop and chased the fox away a few times before standing vigilant all day. I told him he needs to pee around the perimeter of the yard to mark our territory and hopefully keep the fox away. Tim thinks it's a bit cold to pee outside but hopefully he'll do this for me anyway. Male urine is a known to repel predators so its at least worth a try. It was not your average Sunday morning for either of and certainly worlds apart, poor Tim cold outside in the rain chasing off a fox while I sipped Bellinis and admired art at Bentley.  After a busy morning I lounged by the pool before dressing for dinner at the River house, where we met friends for another amazing meal. We sat outside and enjoyed watching the boats go by along the intercostal with the bridge lifting to let the large yachts pass every thirty minutes. It was great to see my Florida friends, people I met through Dawn ages ago and enjoy visiting with when I'm in Florida. I was incredibly tired by the time we got back to the house but sat outside with Dawn for a bit before finally giving in to exhaustion and heading off to bed. I can never be accused of not making the most of each and every day...and this was one for the books. 

Comments

  1. Dave said Tim can always pee in a container and then just pour it around the perimeter if it’s too cold…food (or pee) for thought…🤣🤔🙄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would take all the fun out of it!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts