Day 172 Spotlight

 

My day got off to a crazy start. When I went out to feed my chickens, I found them all roaming free in my backyard! Tim had checked for eggs the night before and had apparently not latched their door completely or used the lock, yikes!! Fortunately, the fox wasn't lurking around and my hens hadn't left my yard. They all came running, excited to see me, knowing I always come bearing treats. Thankfully it was fairly easy for me to gather them all and lock them back safely inside their run.  I counted my flock several times, making sure they were all safe and sound and later reiterated to Tim the importance of locking their door. Fifteen hens have been consistently laying six or seven eggs a day, once spring hits I should be getting over a dozen a day, not bad. Who knew egg prices would skyrocket this year? People keep telling me I should sell them, but I prefer giving them as gifts, making people happy is greater payback than a few bucks. After my morning's excitement and a full day I met Tim for a quick dinner at Tavern in the Square, a fairly new restaurant in East Greenwich. The food was delicious and we really enjoyed the overall vibe, although I couldn't handle sitting in their booth. Each booth has a bright spotlight hanging over the table and after sitting there for two minutes I knew I couldn't handle the interrogation spotlight so told the waitress we needed to move. Once we transitioned to the bar the lighting was less assaulting and we could relax and enjoy our meal. I tried to make light (pun intended) of the spotlights with the bartender, suggesting at my age dim lighting is more flattering, although I'm sure no one cared where we sat.  I wore a pretty pink flower print Loft dress that looked super cute with my tan boots. I love this dress with it's pretty print and long sleeves. It's a keeper, comfortable, pretty and could easily work for any season. Although not exactly what I would have picked for early morning chicken wrangling it was perfect for dinner. Maybe I should have taken advantage of the interrogation spotlight at dinner to question Tim about his care in latching the coop...opportunity fail! Alls well that ends well....thank goodness.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts