Day 176 Got Eggs?

 

Monday sneaks up on us and no matter how hard we try to avoid it, sadly, only seeing the weekend from the rearview mirror. I was clearly trying to hang on to the fun weekend vibe with this little (yes, a bit short)  bell sleeve dress with my tall leather boots. Tim asked if I was going go-go dancing, wouldn't that have been great?! This fun fancy outfit was simply my dinner garb, Tim never knows what to expect and I love that. I cooked a fabulous dinner, finished up laundry and cleaned up my kitchen... so domestic. I was thrilled to see the micro greens I planted several days ago had grown enough for me to cut my first batch for my chickens. Yes, I'm growing greens for them, spoiled hens lay lots of eggs. They gobbled up the cut greens and enjoyed their healthy treat, although they may have to share, some may make their way into a salad or two for Tim and I. The gossip news is that the government is somehow tainting the chicken feed to stop them from laying, increasing the egg shortage.... sounds a bit crazy to me but who knows. I'm happy to report I continue to feed my girls laying feed from Tractor Supply and they haven't stopped producing eggs all winter. I really have no idea what's going on in the crazy world of egg production and sales, and very pleased to be out of the loop. Ignorance is bliss with my hens still laying 6-7 eggs a day I can happily ignore the egg drama of '23. I really am a farm girl at heart, even if I do look more like a go-go dancer at times! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts