Day 182 Cut the Cake!

 


What a difference a day makes! The weather warmed up to a balmy 44 degrees making it a perfect day for the annual Valentine's Day brunch at the beach club. I love a themed holiday party and couldn't wait to wear a fun valentines day outfit. I had originally planned on wearing a red dress but the thought of being one of many, in a sea of red dresses and sweaters had me rethinking my attire. I ended up in my fabulous Lilly Pulitzer, Love Letters Sealed with a Kiss, Jonah Shift Dress. I bought this dress several years ago on Ebay, its an older style so you can only find it second hand. My only hesitation in choosing it was that I wouldn't be able to wear it again, at least for blog purposes. I love the fun white boots with big white heart shaped earrings giving it a whimsical overall vibe. I had been asked to bring a dessert to the brunch so I immediately made something fabulous happen. I called a friend of mine who makes amazing cakes and asked her to make me a Valentine's Day themed cake for a brunch and holy cow did she ever! I usually don't post two pics but you needed to see this cake. It's a Vanilla Fault Line Cake with Grand Marnier simple syrup and Italian buttercream, layered with strawberry puree and sliced strawberries. Her cakes not only taste delicious but are works of art! I hadn't heard of a fault line cake, it's when the center of the cake is accentuated making a divide in the top and bottom layers, so cool. One thing I love as much as a beautiful cake is cutting right into it and enjoying every bite. I sliced the cake just before everyone went to the dessert table, figuring people might be too intimidated to make the first cut themselves, always cut the cake!! I guess the overall take away is, wear the good dress and cut the cake....why save for tomorrow what you can enjoy today? 

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Great blog as always, And, I can attest to how beautiful & delicious the cake was !❤️

      Delete
  2. Love the dress and thanks for the cake drop off…delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts