Day 185 Childhood Friends

 


This was such a fun dress to wear, with puff bell sleeves and pretty black and white check print. Wearing red shoes with black and white is always a good idea! I didn't realize Tim was sneaking into my photo but he certainly was watching with curiosity as I took my blog photo. He and I then went out to dinner at Old Mountain Lanes, where we always have great food and see lots of friends. I was thrilled to see a childhood friend who I hardly have a chance to visit with anymore! She and I grew up together, graduated high school together and still are thrilled whenever we have a minute to catch up. I immediately wanted to take a photo of us together for my blog but she didn't think she was prepared for a photo op., for the record, she was! She is as beautiful as ever with a smile that radiates joy. I came home and dug up this old picture of us from when we were kids. We were both four years old and our families were together for a Newport Ferry ride, that's her to the far left and me being held by my aunt on the far right with our siblings in-between..1969!! Time is a funny thing, it goes so quickly yet seems to stand still sometimes. When you see an old friend it can feel like no time has gone by at all, until you start talking about your kids, grandkids and all the other wonderful experiences life has brought you. It was funny, she reads my blog daily so was up to speed on my daily goings on, even my yogurt dinner, leaving me a bit of catching up to do on her life. She was pleased to see my all dressed up and fancy at our Bowling Alley, true to my blog name. Tim explained to her that he's really not as bad as blog Tim appears, but we all just laughed at his attempts to defend blog Tim. All in all it was a fantastic Wednesday night out, great food, always amazing service and running into a childhood friend... priceless. I'm so blessed to be surrounded by amazing people, including blog Tim. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts