Day 187 Disco Fever

 

Up early ready for a long day and wow did I have one! I woke up at 4am, too early for a start but couldn't get back to sleep so embraced the early bird and ran with it. Seemed like a good idea until I realized I was heading to a Disco party that didn't begin until 9pm....a tough start time for us oldies. I wasn't sure what to wear, almost went with a sequin dress but was afraid everyone would be wearing sequins so opted for a retro print dress and short white boots. Truth be told, I wanted to wear high go go boots but they wouldn't zip over my calves so I went with the low boots. I put gems on my face for sparkle and was ready for anything. Not sure if adrenaline kicked in once the music started or the two cups of espresso, either way, Tim and I danced  all night and didn't get home until the wee hours of the morning. Disco got a bad wrap when it first came out but is hands down the best dance music on the planet! The DJ was amazing and kept the crowd going, it was a packed house. I really wish we could go back to a time where discos were popular and you could go dancing every weekend. These days when I'm in a crowded room  and walk by a group of women in their 20's and 30's I hear, "Miss Rachel??" only to see former dance students. I love that they remember me with such fondness and even remember the songs they danced to as kids. No surprise to them I was dancing on the stage throughout the night, you could say, making a spectacle of myself...but someone's got to do it and spectacle or not I had a blast! When Tim said it was time to leave I couldn't believe how late it was, he was trying to get us out before the place closed, go figure, Tim the reasonable one. Give me disco music and a dance floor and apparently any sense of reason I might have goes out the door. Seriously, give me more of that! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts