Day 191 Love and Chocolates

 

Wearing a cute, inappropriately short, red dress to celebrate the big day. Valentine's Day has always been one of my favorite holidays, telling the people you love how much you care for them should happen more often. This little...and I mean little, dress wasn't my all day dress, I changed into this for dinner and a night at home with Tim. I don't love going out on Valentine's Day so Tim and I both agreed on a quiet night, I offered to cook and he offered to enjoy it. I wasn't feeling fantastic all day and by the time dinner was finished both the meal and I were done. I was in bed by 7pm and asleep by 7:05, so much for romance. I didn't even feel well enough to eat one of the chocolates Tim gave me, clearly something was wrong with me. He also gave me a beautiful travel jewelry box, combining two of my favorite things. Growing up Valentine's Day was a day exclusively for girls to receive gifts. My dad use to come home with chocolates for my mom, my sister and myself, never anything for my brothers. That's just the way it was, but before you feel too badly for them, when Red Sox tickets were bought they were for my dad and my brothers. I didn't go to Fenway until Tim brought me! Don't hate on it, there was something sweet about having your own special day and I can still see my dad walking in the door with what I knew would be candy for me. Since times have changed and it's a day to celebrate everyone I pulled myself into this century and bought Tim candy and a card as well but his greatest gift is always my love...and the fact that I wanted to stay in and cook us dinner. He was also the only one to see my short, short dress, although he's a bit use to that and hardly noticed. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts