Day 193 My Beautiful RI

 

What an amazing, spring like day in RI with temps in the low 70's...seriously! Not sure the temps broke any records but holy cow, for mid February it was amazing. I was fortunate to be able to spend the morning outside soaking up as much sunshine as possible on the 3.7 mile walk at Roger Williams Pond Trail. I know I brag about RI's beauty all the time but indulge me while I sing it''s praises again. Walking throughout the park I was in awe of the beautiful buildings, statues, gardens, ponds and not to mention the zoo, right in the heart of our city. There's a beautiful Japanese garden with little bridges over the water going in several directions and although its mid winter and nothing was in bloom, you can still marvel in its beauty. After a wonderful walk, my mother and I went to lunch at Wickford on the Water and sat outside on the deck looking over Wickford Harbor. We enjoyed our lunch while soaking in the scenic views of the harbor, without jackets on we felt fortunate to be enjoying the best part of the day together. Later in the day the clouds came in and the rain followed but by then I was off to party with friends so it didn't bother me a bit. I had changed out of my hiking clothes into this little Loft dress and fancy boots and met with a dozen of my friends for a bit of weekday fun. My beautiful friend Megan is pictured with me, I love her to pieces and love her style, sporting her Dr. Martins.  A few of my friends want to start running and invited me to join them this upcoming weekend. I'm not a runner...of any sorts but I do love time with my friends so I might give it a go. If I suddenly stop writing it's because I died on the bike path from a runners cramp. Yesterdays weather may not have broken any records but if I go running with friends and survive it, I'll call it a personal record. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts