Day 195 Walk/Run

 

I survived my cold morning run...well more of a walk/run. My friends took it easy on me and walked most of the 3.5 mile route, although the pace they walk had me at a slow jog. We counted out a number of telephone poles to run the predetermined distance then walked the equal distance. It worked out well considering I made it home still alive. I usually prefer more of a social walk than a fitness run but tried to embrace the cold and fast pace. We met up at 9am, so I had been awake for over 4 hours and suggested we try for an earlier time slot but was quickly out voted. It was so cold it left my face red with wind burn for several hours, hurry up spring! I changed into this plain navy dress with comfy boots for a casual day at home and didn't even put on any jewelry! The grandkids had Tim and I on the go with games, play dough, match box cars and nonstop action. How quickly we forget the never-ending meal prep there is with little ones. Right when you've cleaned up the kitchen from one meal you need to start prepping for the next. By early evening I think both Tim and I were more ready for bed than the boys so we read a few stories and called it a night. I better up my fitness routine if I'm going to try and keep up with all my grandkids. Maybe I should have taken the boys out for a run since they seem to have all the energy. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts