Day 198 Grammy Life

 

Holy cow do I love this dress. I probably should have saved it for a fun weekend night but it certainly added a bit of flair to a Tuesday. I bought this dress at least twenty years ago and have not worn it more than a handful of times, not sure why. The large bell sleeves make it so much fun to wear and the vibe reminds me of a disco night. Instead of a dance party I was busy with my grandsons, the big boys. They are a bit easier to watch than the little boys but with all their sports activities they have us running around just the same. Hockey practice had us out on the cold, rainy night when I would otherwise have been snuggled in at home. Between the two of them there's always a practice or a game going on. Fortunately, they gather all their things and get themselves ready so I'm just the driver. I can't brag about watching them too closely since I fell asleep on the couch shortly after their practice, letting them fend for themselves until my daughter picked them up, no big surprise there. I might look like I'm ready for a party but that's all smoke and mirrors I was an hour away from falling asleep! I've always appreciated an early bedtime, either going 90 miles an hour or at a full stop/refuel. I did enjoy the fun fact that this dress has at least 10 years on my twelve year old grandson... who says I hang on to things?? I suppose it's all about appreciation, not the abundance in which we use things. Putting on this dress yesterday, I smiled and thanked myself for saving it all these years. I also don't mind that this is how my grandsons will remember me.... this and maybe fast asleep on the couch. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts