Day 199 Day Dreaming

 

A perfect day for a trip to the Newport Art Museum, really, what an amazing place! The museum is the first of many houses by architect, Richard Morris Hunt, who went on to design a multitude of fabulous summer homes in Newport, including The Breakers. The museum is full of amazing sculptures, paintings mixing art through the ages and filling the house with spectacular exhibits of talent. I must admit I don't really understand most modern art, but try to appreciate it just the same. I wore a cute navy blue, front tie, dress since Navy seems to be the unofficial color of Newport. I gave my outfit a pop of color with a bright orange chain necklace and earrings, looking pretty fancy. It was a beautiful sunny day, perfect for a trip over the bridges and fantastic for ocean views during lunch. All that excitement came to an end when I arrived home and with highlighter in hand, went back to the grind of studying. I will be very happy once I pass this exam and will happily live the rest of my life never having another one. My evening was far from the life of a Gilded Age lady. I would have made a really great Newport Socialite back in the day, don't we all see ourselves on that side of the financial breakdown? I doubt anyone thinks they would have been a fantastic maid, that's what makes daydreaming so fun. Well, day 199...who would have thought? Two hundred days of dresses tomorrow is almost as crazy as me living as a socialite in Newport, I suppose that means anything is possible! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts