Day 203 Perspective


 I took a much needed break from studying and headed to Providence Performing Arts Center to see, Come From Away. I had the show title written on our calendar for months so Tim had seen it, he just didn't know what it meant, note to self, just put, "show"on the calendar not show titles. Although it came as a surprise to Tim he was shockingly ready to leave on time and exited to go. I wore a brown sweater dress with beige boots and jacket, not the most exciting outfit but it was warm. We walked into the theatre and immediately saw a group of friends and enjoyed chatting before taking our seats. Once we sat down the two seats next to us remained empty long enough for Tim to start dreaming about moving over into them, not that they were better than ours, I think he just likes to be a rebel. Well, Tim didn't get his dream when two folks came to sit next to us. Would you believe the seats belonged to one of my dearest friends, Tara and her husband? Seriously, in a theatre of over 3000 people what are the chances? Life's serendipity sometimes flaws me in the best ways. My friend Tara and I haven't had a chance to get together in ages and there we were sitting together for a show! The performance was as incredible as the true story it portrayed, taking us all back to that horrible day, remembering where we were, how we felt and the overwhelming pride in our resilient country. As the show ended and everyone got up to leave everyone was a bit nicer, more patient and smiled a bit more at each other... hopefully we can carry that vibe a little longer. What a perfect show to get my mind off my trivial exam, life is all about perspective, although I did come straight home and put my head back into my book!! Send me good vibes today- I'll need them all. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts