Day 208 The Mayor

 

Some days are total hits and some are huge misses, here's a miss to beat all misses! Even the fun print couldn't overcome the burlap bag fit and frumpiness. Thank goodness Tim and I decided to stay home, eat leftovers and have a quiet night watching TV. Not sure I would have been able to take my coat off in public wearing this number. We've been having lots of quiet nights at home and I can't say I haven't loved it. I have so much catching up to do around the house its crazy. Funny how quickly housework gets away from you in such a short time. Tim continues to study for his exam so this weekend looks like a great opportunity for him to cram and me to clean, I'm sure you're green with envy. I have been chatting with friends making plans for a NYC trip to see one of my sons best childhood friends perform on Broadway! We've been looking at dates and coordinating schedules to try and get there. I am so proud of how well he's done following his acting dreams, even winning the Tony award for best actor last year...I know, super big deal!! He's always been a was a big deal, when he was in Kindergarten with my son we called him the mayor, confident, outgoing and eager to tell you just about anything, and everything. It might be one of my favorite things about growing older, seeing my kids and their friends become amazing adults, like watching a flower bloom before your eyes. Sad to say I didn't see the performance he won a Tony for, covid had hit and life and schedules just didn't work out for me to go. Now, with him in a new performance, I'm determined to get there by hook or by crook. Not seeing him the first time was even a bigger miss than this unflattering dress and I won't let either one be repeated. 

Comments

Popular Posts