Day 214 Hiking & Satin


 

Another beautiful day for a walk in RI. It was so pretty I just had to share a photo of the trail. The New London Turnpike is actually a 200 year old former highway. Once the primary highway between Providence RI and New London Ct. sections of the remains of the road have been transformed into hiking trails. As you can imagine, it's pretty straight and the terrain doesn't vary much, but it's a fantastic 3 mile hike if you want to walk side by side and chat. It's still a bit cold but throw on a jacket, hat and gloves and soak up some of that beautiful sunshine if you can. No, I didn't wear this gold satin dress during my hike, although, wow, what a pic that would have been! My fancy had to wait until I got home but non the less it was worth the wait. Satin is not a forgiving fabric so don't put it on if you have anything to hide, otherwise, it's beautiful. I guess I'm beyond the age of trying to hide my shape, or anything else at this point, take it or leave it. Hopefully you also notice the stunning chair I'm standing next to, fabulous! I love ornate victorian furniture and this chair was such a find. I don't always buy the most practical items but who cares I choose items that make me smile, as we all should. I'm also a thrifty cat, this fancy satin dress cost me a whopping .99 cents. At that price, I can wear it on a Thursday night with no worry about  practicality. Although I didn't go out last night, it still felt good to be fancy for a bit, playing dress up never gets old. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts